The funds contribute significantly to improving the management of the financial institutions by:
- Being part of the Board and contributing to strategic and financial management of the portfolio companies
- Providing growth equity to ensure capital adequacy of balance sheet, enabling increased debt funding to tap into growth potential
- Participating in strategy formulation and revision, as well as supporting management in execution
- Improving financial management processes
- Improving corporate governance and increased level of professionalization for companies to transform to larger listed entities or targets for strategic sales
- Improving governance practices
- Supporting and improving social and environmental practices
- Providing knowledge about best practices of the sector from other portfolio companies via board positions
For almost a decade Maj Invest has been managing private equity funds investing in the financial inclusion sector. Maj Invest has become a reputed player in the financial inclusion sector, with a strong network of international partners of investors and development finance institutions. Maj Invest is now among the largest managers in the world managing equity investments.
Also read about our investment strategy.